School Blog

Wednesday 7 September 2016

I chose Media Studies because I am intrigued as to what we will learn during the course. This is because media is everywhere in everyone’s lives, inflicting certain opinions onto the public. I love to watch new films as well and I like to read reviews to see the public’s opinions on what they liked and disliked about a film. After that I watch trailers for new films that can be viewed at the cinema to see if it is something that appeals. From this qualification I hope to gain an insight on how they can influence people and see how certain changes can target different types/ groups of people. I will look at analysing imagery as well. If I were to work in the media when I’m older, this would help me in developing certain skills that would help me in my career. I do have an interest in the media as everyone is involved in the media whether we read newspapers and magazines or whether we listen to the radio and watch TV. I use the media on a daily basis by mainly using social networks such as Instagram and Snapchat. I do this to see what other people are doing and to engage with my friends. Most of my friends have Twitter and Facebook too. I don’t watch the news or read the paper much but I hear about some major things that I need to know about on Twitter and Facebook as the stories from there get shared and retweeted and can become viral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment